REXALL SPORTS CORP. (Edmonton, AB)
• Reports directly to the Grounds Superintendent
• The Telus Field Groundskeeper Internship is a full time, four and a half month contract (June 15th to August 30th, 2011)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Learn and implement procedures, processes and routines associated with stadium operations and field maintenance.
• Instruction on how to perform duties in preparation of our baseball field and facility.
• Assist and learn Turf and grass management for high caliber field quality (including esthetics, performance and function)
• An Introduction into Stadium and equipment related maintenance
• Other attributes and duties that will be learned include but are not limited to
• Assisting in the Set-up and preparation for events (which includes all homes games and other special events such as concerts etc.)
• Passionate about the sports and entertainment industry including Turf Management.
• Willing to work irregular and flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Able to adjust and work within the demands of a heavy season schedule including other entertainment events held at this facility.
• Ability and aptitude for operation and maintenance of light to medium equipment
• This position is physically demanding with duties such as lifting, shoveling, moving et
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License
• Prefer access to a vehicle
Please send all applications to Grounds Superintendent Dave Genio – firstname.lastname@example.org